A Growth Industry
Live sex cams are becoming more popular than traditional porn. Every year the live industry grows while conventional paid porn shrinks. But despite the clear popularity of live cams it’s difficult to find a lot of concrete information about the industry. Most sites keep their data to themselves. When there is reporting on porn statistics (and this is rare also) it generally excludes the very large live cam portion of the porn business. Nevertheless I’ve done some internet sleuthing and found the following concrete facts with reliable sources:
- Live sex cams generate 1 billion in revenue a year – and this number continues to grow.
- Adult cams are visited by about 5% of the entire world’s internet users every day.
- Only between 15% and 35% of cam girls are based in the U.S.
- The Majority of cam girls are from eastern Europe and southeast Asia.
- Alexa ranked LiveJasmin the 51st most popular site in the world – and the 30th most popular in America.
- LiveJasmin is also the most popular porn site in the world, with 32 Million visitors a month – that’s 2.5% of all internet users!
- On CamSoda, Tokens are most likely to be spent at 8:00 AM, Saturday, in Texas. In New York Tokens are most often spent at 4:00 AM.
- CamSoda also examined which states have the highest spending users on Average. The highest spending state per male user is Wyoming, then Alaska and Montana.
- The top spending states for the average female customer on CamSoda are Florida, Missouri, and Colorado.
Perhaps the most surprising fact about live cams is how few reliable statistics are available! In researching this I’ve learned that very little is concretely known about the statistics and demographics of the adult industry. Even less is known specifically about sex cams and cam girls. I hope in the future more cam sites follow the example set by CamSoda and release some of the data they’ve gathered about their users and performers.